Thai Quinoa Salad
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- 2 cups Longo’s Tri Color Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 box (900 ml) Campbell’s Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp chopped Longo’s Fresh Basil or opal basil
- 1/2 cup Longo’s Roasted Unsalted Peanuts, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 5 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Longo’s 100% All Natural Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp Longo’s honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp Longo’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Combine quinoa and broth in saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook for about 15 minutes or until all the broth is absorbed. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
Combine cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions and basil in a large bowl; set aside.
Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a blender. Puree until smooth, adding water to thin if necessary.
Toss half of the dressing with the cooked quinoa. Stir into cabbage mixture and toss gently to combine. Drizzle with remaining dressing and toss to combine.
Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
*Courtesy of Longo’s 2015 Recipe Calendar