Cranberry Vegetable Risotto
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Arborio rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup white cooking wine
- 1 cup sliced Portabello mushrooms
- 1 cup diced zucchini or asparagus
- 3/4 cup Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 2 tbsp minced fresh basil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit. Grease a medium casserole dish.
Melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan. Add onion and cook over medium heat until soft. Cook rice for 2 minutes. Add broth and wine, bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, except Parmesan cheese.
Pour mixture into casserole dish. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Stir in cheese. Serve immediately. Makes 4 servings.
*Courtesy of Ocean Spray 2008 Cranberry Recipe Calendar