Cranberry Pear Crisp
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups peeled, cubed pears (about 5 pears)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg Ocean Spray Craisins Sweetened Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 cup butter, cut in 8 slices
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease 11″ x 7″ glass baking dish. Toss 1/2 cup sugar with pears and lemon juice. Stir in Craisins. Spread in prepared dish.
Place remaining 1/2 cup sugar, butter, flour and 3/4 cup almonds in food processor bowl. Pulse until crumbly. Pour into bowl. Add remaining almonds; toss. Sprinkle over fruit; pressing down lightly. Bake 50 minutes or until fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Makes 8-10 servings.
*Courtesy of Ocean Spray 2008 Cranberry Recipe Calendar